Are you feeling Pain Purchasing a Product? 7 tips to overcome your Pain
Are you feeling Pain purchasing a Product? Are you Confused? Do you keep changing your mind? Are you feeling under pressure?
Buying a Product, especially one which is an expensive investment for your hobby or business is not something which should be done lightly – and there is a process to work through, which will take you from feeling like the poor man below, to being Comfortable and Confident about what you are about to spend your money on.
- not sure what you want
- whether it will do the job you want it to
- whether it works
- whether you’re investing in the right product
- whether you have the right skills to use it
- whether you can afford it
- whether you should invest anyway
- how many other accessories do you need to buy for it to work
- can you build on this as you learn to move your project / business forward
My partner and I run our own Business from home, retailing Astronomy equipment, telescopes, cameras etc etc. This morning I was listening to a conversation Bernard was having with a customer (he always puts the phone on speaker!). The customer had such pain in his voice I wanted to hug him and hit him in equal measures. He wanted a telescope – with some accessories, but of course there were several options, and he’d bought one before (obviously with bad advice, because it didn’t do what he wanted) – he hadn’t given much thought to what he wanted to do with it and what his imaging needs might be, so he hadn’t actually thought about what he wanted it to do or how much it would cost – and the real pain seemed to be that he didn’t actually understand much about it at all.
We travelled this journey with him – and he was luck he’d phoned us since Bernard knows more about astronomy imaging than probably any other Retailers, so …………….. 40 minutes later – He went away, having had a thorough grilling on what he wanted, lots of advice giving him KNOWLEDGE – his plan made for what he needed to start with to achieve his goals, a package of products to buy first, order and delivery details, and places to go to help with his learning curve – and of course, if he has issues along the way, he can call Bernard for advice.
After 10 minutes, he phoned back with his credit card details – he had gone through the Buying Pain and was comfortable and in that place of Confidence to Buy.
Buy Without Pain
I also (as you know) run my Online Business, and it struck me listening to this customer how, in any situation, Buying is Buying – and even though my business involves products for training and marketing your business, the buying process is absolutely KEY in making the right product purchases. I’ve really messed up at times, and have spent crazy money-making rash decisions – but now I have learnt to temper my impulses and enthusiasm for everything promising me fast and easy results and a short-cut to my dreams. It’s about choosing the Products that can start your business (create your baseline) / enhance your brand or presence/ educate and help your personal growth/ and propel your marketing to the world – Wherever you are on your Business Curve – keep your eyes and ears open – but Attract the products YOU NEED – not the ones other people want to sell you – be responsible for your actions and purchases.
My 7 Tips for Overcoming the Pain Purchasing a Product
- Don’t Buy in Pain, or confusion – and do not buy on impulse, do not get diverted by Bonuses or hype.
- Get your Knowledge first – have a clear plan of what you want to do with the product
- Be sure WHAT you are buying – do your research, including asking those who you trust for their opinion on its suitability for you and your Business – if you are purchasing from them, they should be asking you questions to see if it will be a good fit for you
- Allocate time after your Purchase to learn how to use it, or it will never help you
- Make a Business Decision to Buy – Be Confident and Comfortable with your Decision
- Take Responsibility for your product Yourself – Learn your way to Success
- USE IT and Make a Difference – Prove it’s Worth and Share your Knowledge with your blog readers, your fans, groups, email subscribers and your team. Even if one person learns something from you – that is giving value and Success.
One of my favourite Products
If I can help you at all with your online Business – just email me at email@example.com
If you enjoyed this post, please Share and Comment Below