Loving This Plugin ~ PulseHover ~ Because A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
It seems the idea of this phrase goes right back to 1862 when the Russian writer Ivan Turgenev expressed the sentiment that ”A picture shows me at a glance what it takes dozens of pages of a book to expound.”
“A picture is worth a thousand words” refers to the notion that a complex idea can be conveyed with just a single still image. It also aptly characterizes one of the main goals of visualization, namely making it possible to absorb large amounts of data quickly, and is so relevant, from a childs first drawings, to photographs of special moments and loved ones, and cards sent to express any number of good wishes to friends and family.
Today, sharing photo’s and images has become so much easier with the digital age, and since many people communicate across various social media platforms, picture sharing is rife!
And, don’t you love the T-shirt expression – especially if your texting speed is not up to much!!
This unique plugin acts as a pattern interrupt to catch your visitor’s attention and encourage them to share your content because your image is telling a story, or funny or triggers an emotional response.
Share your images to Facebook , Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Linkedin and Tumbler from a logo that hovers over them.
Why did I think about Using PulseHover?
Well, I love images and I like to use Pinterest, and share images on my Facebook wall. What’s funky about PulseHover, is that you can facilitate sharing them on 6 social platforms – as you pass over the image – no thought involved – just the pop up with the icons to click – EASY PEASY!
But what do people actually share around the social media platforms?
Here are a couple of charts showing
- the types of links shared on facebook
- the most viral posts shared on facebook
So it is apparent that images are a great share – and it could be people love the images you are using, so why not make it SUPER EASY for your visitors to share yours.
Watch How PulseHover works …
There is a video below to show you the official back office of PulseHover – but you can see which options I have chosen for now, but at anytime I can adjust these on all pages or posts or individual ones – so in my own words – these are your choices
- Choose Your Background which covers your images – 10 already installed, but you can upload your own to use – perfect for artists or choosing a pattern you like
- Choose whether your social buttons are used to share your content, or whether to use them to encourage people to follow You ( you just input your own user profiles)
- Choose a design for your 6 social buttons – 5 different sets already in your dashboard – but you can also upload your own if you want them to be unique
- You can choose to display a button offering a free report, get a coupon, download now, buy now etc already in your dashboard, but again, you can upload any that you like (instead of the social buttons)
- You can display a banner on your images – and add link – instead of the social buttons – to promote your own or upload your own affiliate banners to use (some included already)
- You can create Pre-sets, where you design your Hovers to go on posts, pages, your front page – or manual – AND
You can have SUCH FUN with the pre-sets – You get to choose
- is it social buttons, a button or a banner
- choose your background
- choose your opacity – from dark to cover the image, or very opaque so you hardly notice it is there
- whether your hover effect
- bounces in and out
- fades in and out
- slides in and out
- rolls down
- choose your hover direction
- choose where this pre-set will be shown, and
- name it
Here is a short video by one of the PulseHover designers, showing you, all I’ve said above in a few minutes !!
How PulseHover will help YOU with the Latest Facebook Newsfeed Changes
Once again facebook is having some layout changes on the newsfeed – and helped by the info above, it is clear that people like to share stories that include images and media. Facebook newsfeed is now going to redesign every story and images are blown up, so you see high quality punchy photos!
and … it has a separate box for you to click to see the feeds you like
- most recent
note, one of them is photos – and I bet most people will click on that one!!
I think this plugin is brilliant, and a great asset to any blog. You can still use your traditional share buttons for sharing your posts – but you can also share directly from your images as your readers read down your posts, they have the choice to share each image, to any of the 6 social sharing buttons – this is brand new, original, and you can make it your own. It was soooo easy to set up – the hardest thing is choosing your options!! And the greatest – you can use, or create all your branded buttons, banners, links and make your blog TOTALLY Original.
It is not free, but is still on a special price – so doooo take a look before you see the price go up. I see this being hugely effective, yet you can make it very unobtrusive, or really in-your-face – UP TO YOU
If you love Images as much as I do, you may want to
[ If you click on my Home Tab above - you will see a different version of the sharing icons!! ]
and please share an image with your friends